Summer Crafting

     If you’ve been reading for any length of time, you probably know that 99% of my crafts or sewing projects are done for my niece.  My most recent is surely no exception.  This week I made an adorable outfit for Della.  I’m not going to do a full-on tutorial because y’all know that I am no kind of fancy.  It’ll take about two sentences to explain the outfit…

DSCF2880
The outfit is Garanimals from Wal-Mart, and the fabric is just what I had on hand.

     I love using the Garanimals shirts because it can be so hard to find simple, plain t-shirts (or any clothes really).  The skirt I just love.  It reminds me of something I would have worn when I was little, and it has lining sewn in so it won’t ride up.  That might be one of my biggest child clothing pet peeves (how sad that I have to distinguish from the regular ones) – skirts that have ridden up to underneath the armpits.

DSCF2881
I didn’t sew on the edges of the green on purpose…

     I think that this is probably the tidiest one of my shirts has looked since I started making these.  I did not fight with my machine at all – it actually behaved itself!  There aren’t any crazy ugly knots on the opposite side either.  I didn’t use any Stitch Witchery this time either.  Even though it is so helpful for holding the design in place, the fabrics I used were pretty thin and it has a tendency to bleed through.  That being said…so proud of myself.
     Della said that it was a green cupcake with a button on it…close.  The buttons I just sort of fell into.  I have this little sewing stand with two cute little drawers that came from my grandmother’s house.  When I got it, I kept everything in it, and I knew this little vintage button would be the perfect cherry on top!

DSCF2883
How cute is this?!

     I don’t have a picture of her in the outfit yet, but as soon as I do I’ll post it!  I made another little adorable for her to wear, but I didn’t even take a picture of it…lame.  I’ll post when I have one of those too.
     In totally unrelated news, I took my very last Praxis test today!  Of course I won’t find out what I made for another month, but at least I’m done.  Now all I have to think of relating to school is student teaching…and then graduation.  In six months I will be a college graduate and an almost real-live grown up. 
     Last little bit…beach countdown is officially on!  Nine weeks until  I am on my way and totally checked out for seven days!

Where I’m Partying This Week:
I Heart Nap TimePoofy Cheeks Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special    TutusandTeaPartiesToo Much Time On My Hands

9 comments

Stacy Sews and Schools said...

Very cute!! I love it!!!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Hi Allyson, thanks for coming by and visiting at Quirky Vistas. This little outfit is so stinkin' cute! How sweet of you to make your little niece such precious things. You remind me of my sister who was always creating beautiful treasures for my kids. I love it! You are so talented.
Liz

Jenn said...

Really cute. How awesome are those buttons that were only 10 cents back in the day.

blissfulsewing said...

Wow!Awesome!What a pretty dress,who wouldn't love it!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Treat and Trick said...

That's beautiful! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comment! Have a great day!

Unknown said...

Love it! So cute, I'm a new follower from a blog hop, would love if you came over and followed back at I Heart Pears

Lauren said...

Super cute! We always go to walmart for blank tees and onesies. It's the best place to find them...inexpensive too! Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Party.

blissfulsewing said...

This is such a great idea,thanks for sharing!
www.blissfulsewing.blogspot.com

Sandy Ang said...

looks adorable