Target Finds

     Y’all, I finally did it!  I have been talking about buying some teacher-appropriate clothes for next semester and, you know, my real life for forever, and I actually came through this time.  Yesterday, my mother wanted to run to Target, so of course I went, fully expecting to look and then not buy anything – my usual routine.  I don’t know if it was shopping with my mother, the Starbucks I had just ingested, or some sort of planetary alignment (…it was definitely having my mother there), but I saw tons and tons and tons of cute things!  While I did not walk out with any pants (sad day), I did buy two skirts that will serve me well on into the fall and a really cute lightweight sweater-y thing.

     The picture doesn’t really do it justice.  It’s pretty thin (perfect for the blazing hot beginning of school, but will definitely work with close toe shoes for the fall.  The sweater I got goes perfectly, but I think it will look so cute with a plain white tank top and a denim jacket too.

     Grey…my favorite!  This one is really lightweight too, but I think I’ll be able to stretch it for awhile.  It will look so cute with some solid color t-shirts or dressier tops.  It comes down to right at my knees, so it’s really a perfect length.

     I’m not sure if this is exactly what I got, but it’s pretty similar.  It fits sort of loose and casual, and I think I’m going to be able to wear it a lot.

     I tried on several pairs of pants, but I just couldn’t find any that fit cute.  I’ll have to make a day of it and actually go “pants shopping.”  Skirts are great, but pants are a necessity.  Until then, I'm so happy with each of these, and I’ll be able to wear them to work, church, or out if I want.  Nest on my teacher shopping agenda is shoes.  I’ll be needing some flats.  I should also probably stock up on solid tees, but that’s not pressing.  I can always find those.
     How about all of you?  Any great finds lately?  Any tips on teacher clothes?  I want to be comfortable and professional.  No high heels at work for this girl!

9 comments

Katie said...

love what you got!! i've seen that grey skirt at target before and loved it!

Katie said...

oh and I like old navy a lot too - good clearance and lots of things I were to school are from there. and the LOFT has really cute professional clothes. You just have to look on the clearance racks, especially when they have sales to take additional 40% off!

The Pink Growl said...

That first skirt is so cute! I saw it at Target on Friday and almost bought it! Maybe I will go back and get it now. Very good teacher outfits :) and PS I now have your button up on my blog- thanks for swapping girl!

Shannon said...

I LOVE dress pants from Gap and NY & Co. Both are great quality! NY & Co is typically priced better, and have lots of sales. Gap is certainly worth every penny you spend! Happy shopping! :)

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I am going to Target today and I might totally be stealing some of your finds!!! :)

Laura said...

Cute finds! I get a lot of skirts at Target and truly wear them all year!! Absolutely dress for comfort! You CAN be comfortable and cute at school!! I promise!

Absolutely dress for comfort!

Bren said...

I am still reading your blog, and I love it! So I decided to nominate you for an award (visible on my blog!) I look forward to reading more!

Emily said...

Love that gray skirt!

Jamie said...

Those skirts are so cute!! When I was teaching, I always wanted to make sure I got things I could wear to make a couple/few different outfits out of. Since, as you know, teachers don't make a killing. ;)

I love finding pants at Gap, too!