Too Obsessive?

     You may remember from a few days ago my family’s slightly obsessive beach planning behavior.  We make no apologies about being total loony tunes, and our packing behavior takes it one step further.  For me packing is like one giant logic puzzle, “How can I fit the most stuff into the tiniest space…so that it’s still comfortable for me to sleep in the car?”
     Here’s your answer:

DSCF2992
Admittedly, this doesn’t look alllllll that bad.

We started with this table covered.  Not even counting our clothes, we will have 2.5 coolers, a laundry basket, a paper box, a huge green bag, our beach chairs, and our canopy.  (For reference, we are packing in Keith’s truck and my mother’s Wrangler.)  After all these years, this is no problem!

DSCF2993
    






          The chip clips go in my mother’s Tervis…obv. 


DSCF2996    
     The towels ride in the laundry basket with the ice cream freezer.  In the ice cream freezer we have coffee filters, the corn kernler (because I’m afraid to eat corn on the cob after the tooth incident), salt and pepper, sprinkles, and vanilla extract. 
…that makes sense, right?




DSCF2994


     This green bag has been around for 10+ years and holds everything: playing cards, dominos, hats, toys…I couldn’t even see what was at the bottom.  It’s like a Mary Poppins bag.





     The coolers help out too. The little one is riding with my parents.  The red one has dry non-cold stuff (i.e. my all important Saltines and Veggie Straws).  The blue one is for drinks.



DSCF2995
Last but not least…these are packed in my belly with the other stuff so I don’t eat them all at once.
   
     A post solely about packing (not even my clothes) – too obsessive?  Don’t care!  We’re leaving in three days and I can’t wait.  Tomorrow I’m getting my nails done…still haven’t decided on a color, and Friday I’m getting a much-needed hair cut! 
     Happy Hump Day!

   P.S. - I was recently contacted by Shabby Apple to serve as an affiliate for their awesome company!  I am in love with pretty much everything they sell.  If you are too, just hop on over to my sidebar (>>>>>>), and treat yourself to a little something fabulous!

5 comments

Misty Marie said...

New Follower from Return the Favor Hop!
Misty @ http://monkeysandtutus.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

You are a genius! My husband would love to learn your tricks, he is constantly trying to pack things the most efficient way possible. I'm going to have to show him this.

Anonymous said...

Wanted to stop by and say thank you for linking up for blogworking wed! I hope you met some great new bloggers!

Krysten Piano said...

This looks like an adventure on it's own! Found you from the link party!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Hahaha I love the Snapea Crisps "packed in my belly"!