I Caught the Bug

     So you know how all summer long we’ve been seeing some of our favorite  bloggers take a step back?  Well, for me it was pretty much the exact opposite.  I kept seeing all of these “I need a break” posts (sad), but I felt this huge surge of blogging creativity and zest!  To be honest, this summer has been one of the best times for my blog and one of my most prolific as a blogger.

Until this week.

     Yep…I caught the bug.  I have been totally drained this past week, and I know that my blog is not the only one that’s taken a hit.  I’m not going to go so far as to say I’ve been having anxiety, but if you know me in real life (…so pretty much just my sister), you know that I’ve always tended toward the hysterics…usually unnecessarily.
     The past week or so I have been sleepy and cranky and just generally bleh.  In case you were wondering: it’s not working out so well! 
     That being said, I am doing to do better.  Starting right now.

No more cranky.
No more lazy.
No more not commenting on all of your sweet blogs…because I’m lazy.
No more non posting for no good reason.
No more nonsense hysterics.

     Before you say that I should blog for me and not to feel like I have to blah blah blah…I am blogging for me, and I feel like a total lame-o for not doing it.  I know in my heart that I am being absurd, and I’m promising myself first and you cuties second not to do all that.  We are coming up on one of my favorite seasons (I call it the slide into Christmas); every little thing for the next few months is going to be so great, and I can’t wait to share all of it with you!

Snapshot_20100831
More of the “crazy, happy smile,” less of the scrunched up nose pouty face.

4 comments

The Pink Growl said...

We all need those breaks sometimes from blogging and social media. It definitely feels good to unplug!

The Remodeled Life said...

Thanks so much for stopping by this summer and saying hello! Your blog is looking so awesome! Hope you were able to relax and regroup - I know I needed to! I would love to swap ads with you again! Let me know!

Unknown said...

You have been on fire this summer! Glad to have you back from the "bug". Haha

Kelsey said...

I am feeling the same way right now! With a low budget and low motivation I am in a slump!! Thanks for kicking me into gear!! ;)