Life Gets in the Way

     Yesterday marked the start of my third week of student teaching!  First of all, I cannot believe that (after this week) I only have four weeks left with my little kindergarten sweeties.  Honestly, I was terrified about this whole experience and almost sure that I was not ready at all.  Wrong-o!  I know that this is what I was meant to do.  I know that because I have now had four kids throw up in the classroom, and I didn’t totally lose it.  I mean…there are other reasons I know, but I think that’s a biggie.
     Secondly, I am so sad that I left my camera at home.  We went to the Soybean Festival this weekend, and I have not one single (decent) picture to show for it.  Y’all know I love those sorts of things, and I all I have is this…

0908122139
that blurry spot in the middle is Travis Tritt.

    Even if you don’t like country music, you would have been totally won over by the combination of show, funnel cake, and fried pickles – incredible. 
     In other news, I have my first formal observation on Thursday.  Kind of scary/fun.  Wish me luck!  How crazy that I’ll only have one more for this placement.  It seriously is just flying past me.  I’m hoping that I’ll get some time soon to just stop and take a breath and enjoy all this! 
     Once again, I apologize for being such a lame blogger lately!  Life gets in the way.  If you haven’t already please check out my new sidebar sponsors!  These ladies will be hanging out for the next few months, and I can’t wait to spend some bloggy time with them!

1 comment

Unknown said...

Well, we have 2 things in common...I'm a teacher and I love country music. :)

Hang in there with the student teaching! Your words said everything when you said you knew that's what you are called to do!! I am going on my 20th year of teaching. YIKES I knew that was my calling. Good luck. That is so exciting. I wish I could've been at that concert! Sounds great. :)