Hello, 2013

     I’ve been debating on whether or not to even write a “New Years” post, but after reading about a million and five others, I thought, “I’ve got goals, why not share them?”  Also I read this wonderful post from Pretty Providence (one of my newer faves).  They speak directly to goal setting and how it should be SMART.


via

     Too often, I am lulled into making these broad, vague statements because I somehow think they’re easier to stick too…and I’m wrong almost every time.  If that’s your method, and it works for you, then you go for it!  It doesn’t work for me though; as such, I’ve spent a little time thinking about some things I would really like to accomplish.

1.  I am going to spend more time in the Word.  (In SMART words:  I am going to read my Bible three times a week, on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday evening.  I am by no means saying I don’t want to do this more often, but I’m starting with what I know I’ll do.  The more I’ll read, the more I’ll want to read…that’s the real goal.)
2.  I am going to get a job in my field. (This one is a little more difficult in SMART words:  I can’t put a time frame on this because I don’t know God’s exact plan for me.  I do know He has a job for me though…I’m just out here looking for it.)
3.  I’m going to go through my closet (to sort, organize, and donate) three times this year, in April, August, and December.

     I make plans and lists in my head all the time, but these are the ones I’m really focusing on right now.  2013 is going to be a big year for me, and I am so excited about sharing it here!  Happy New Year, and here’s to a fabulous 2013!

P.S. In case you didn’t hear…let’s hang out.

7 comments

Jessica @ Better Together and Forever said...

Your goals sound great! I don't know why, but for me, when I post my goals on my blog, I feel like I HAVE to get to those goals so that I do not disappoint. Your #2 goal is a great goal to go for! It took me over 3 years to get a job in my field of work. Am I happier now that I am working in my field of work, eh, but I'm getting the experience and that is all that matters! :) Good luck in 2013, I know you're getting married this year and that is so exciting!!

Unknown said...

These are great goals! I've got a similar goal to No. 2. I'm working in my field but I'm not loving what I'm doing anymore. Time to make a change and get passionate about my career again.

Happy New Year Allyson!

Unknown said...

These are great goals! I've got a similar goal to No. 2. I'm working in my field but I'm not loving what I'm doing anymore. Time to make a change and get passionate about my career again.

Happy New Year Allyson!

Sarah said...

Thank you for the shout out! Those are all very good goals. I haven't even made mine yet but I'm about to get started!

Kristin Dawn said...

Hey, new follower from the GFC Blog Hop. Great list of goals! Good luck and happy new year! :)

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca

Katie said...

number 1 is a goal of mine too!!

Erin James said...

Amazing goals! I think this is SO wise. I just found your blog through the Blog Hop - so happy I did. I love finding other likeminded sisters :) I love the Proverbs 31 verse you have on your header. SO encouraging.

Now following via GFC and so excited to read more!

XO

Erin

Sweetnessitself.blogspot.com