As much as I hate to admit it…my winter break is winding down. I love my kiddos, but to be honest, this time at home has been practically blissful. If the second half of the year is anything like the first half, then it will be chaotic, quick, and over before I blink.
1. Cleaning out my DVR. Believe it or not, I have been stocking my DVR with Christmas movies and specials since June. I didn’t have as much time before Christmas break to watch all of them, so I’m extending the holiday (at least while Keith is at work).
2. Catching up on my blogging. One of these days I know a big, fat inspiration is going to hit me, and I’ll be a blogging machine. Until then, I just pop in and out, and if you want to know the truth – I don’t always feel bad for being away. It’s nice to curl up on the couch at the end of the day and let my brain rest instead of continuing to go, go, go like I do all day. I do miss reading some of my faves though.
3. Keeping up with my house. I’m not going to lie to you, for the last few weeks before winter break, I was not up on the housework. I was exhausted and cranky, and I took it out on my house…and then my house took it out on me. Don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t like an episode of Hoarders or anything, but it was definitely more cluttered than usual between buying gifts and wrapping them and taking things to and from school. Now that everything has settled down, I have cleaned baseboards and mopped the floors and dusted, and while I hate to take down my Christmas decorations, I love the feeling of a clean house.
4. #Duckwife. Keith has been duck hunting as often as he can lately. I love that he has something to make him happy (happy, happy), but I don’t love my kitchen looking like this… The duck is 100% worth it though.
5. Freeeezing cold temperatures. I don’t know about where you live, but it has been so cold here lately! Keith and I have been able to keep the heat turned completely off so far this year (due in large part to our heat using neighbors and Keith putting off heat like a space heater), but the past few days have been crazy cold. (I’m sure anyone from the North or Midwest is laughing at me right now.) My Tennessee self is not used to these temperatures…but if it means snow, I’ll take it!
I do love a good link up. It always makes me feel like I’m back in the swing of things. Now that the year is really starting to pick up, I can’t wait to see what it has in store, so I can share it with all of you!