Cupcakes and Balance

     And just like that, it’s March…where is the time going?  I was going to lie right to your face and tell you how busy I’ve been…buuuuut I’ve really just been sitting on the couch for the last four days enjoying my snow days.  As much as I didn’t expect this latest round of winter weather to affect us here, I was proved wrong.  Sunday night, we were slammed with snow and ice that has somehow clung on for almost a week!
     We were all prepared for Read Across America week at school, but now it’s turned into Read Across America day.  I’m still so excited for all sorts of Seussy fun with my kiddos!

IMG_6186IMG_5926
I am not an artist, so the fact that I turned out this 4 foot giant (complete with and additional 2 feet of stump) is sort of a miracle, and my kids are going to love “green egg” cupcakes!

     Keeping with the school theme, I have finished the next month of lesson plans.  I’m hoping staying ahead will let me keep my head above water and breathe a little in this wild ride to the end of the year.  For this being my first year, I think I’ve done an oooooookay job of not being a total wreck (Keith may have a different opinion…).  I think balancing work (no matter what job you have) and some sort of a life is just one of those things you learn as you go.  Maybe by the time I’m ready to retire I’ll have figured it out…

Aaaaaaand…maybe by then I’ll have figured out how to fit a little blogging into the mix.

No comments