Second Trimester Faves

     Look at me!  Two posts within 2 weeks…it’s like I’m some sort of blogging superstar.  I promised I’d be back with an update about the second trimester.  Some people say it’s the honeymoon stage of pregnancy.  For me it was the stage that went by so fast I almost missed it.  Feeling good has a way of making the time just slip by.  That on top of Thanksgiving and Christmas and New Years and staying busy, I feel like I missed the past three months!  I’m going to spend the next two (HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?!) trying to slow the clock.

DSCF4311
I’m not that artistic…I’m checking to see if can still see my feet.

     All of the stats and answers are about what’s going on now, but here’s a recap of the last few months.  It was the fastest, busiest, three months of my life.  I’m not even sure I really remember it!  I do know I’ve felt so good, and I am so thankful.  I’ve been walking some after work on the treadmill or outside if it’s nice, and I really do think it’s helped keep me feeling good.  It also gives me a chance to listen to the choir music for the next week.  It’s like a rehearsal/quiet time/exercise. 
     Honestly, it’s hard for me to even think that I only have a few weeks left.  I am definitely not ready for him to come out yet, but I can’t wait to meet him.  I’m so looking forward to being a family of three, but I’m soaking up these last few weeks with just Keith.  I would love to get some things done before the end of the school year and he’s here, but I’m getting a little tired.  If the second trimester is the honeymoon stage, the third must be the one where it gets real.

How far along?  32 weeks.  It’s un.real. Unreal.

How big is baby?  Davis is the size of a squash.  Apparently that’s 15.2 – 16.7 inches and somewhere between 2.5 and 3.8 pounds. 

Gender?  Boy!

Sleep?  I’m still sleeping pretty well. Thank goodness!  I have a big feather body pillow that I cuddle up to sometimes, and that combined with a pillow underneath my behind (don’t judge) and I’m still staying pretty comfy.

Maternity clothes?  Some…I finally got some maternity jeans (cropped so I can wear them all spring).  I’ve still been wearing lots of leggings, and I’m still not too proud to leave my pants unbuttoned…  I also finally bought some shirts.  Belly shirts with a belly (or let’s be honest even without) are really not okay with me.

Symptoms?  Other than the giant belly?  My feet and ankles have started to swell a little. Not cute.  Pregnancy brain is still very real.  I locked myself (and all my kids) out of the classroom the other day, and by the time one of them came back from the office with the key I had found my keys…in my pocket.  For the most part I still feel really good. PTL.

Movement?  Lots and lots of wiggles and kicks and giant rolls!  He loves to ball up on my right side, and he moves so much at night.

Wedding rings on or off?  Still on.  This one is a shock, but I’m not complaining. 

Cravings or aversions?  I still want all the carbs, but not near as bad as before.  Now I want cereal and cookies...

What I miss?  Sleeping on my back…even though I know I shouldn’t do it, sometimes when I wake up in the middle of the night I’m belly up…and I don’t even feel bad about it.

Best moment?  We finally registered.  It was so fun picking out things for Davis! Also, I passed my gestational diabetes test (the obnoxious three hour one). Woop woop!

     I seriously cannot believe that we’re in the home stretch.  This is such a busy time of year, and I don’t see it slowing down any time soon.  Two weeks to spring break.  Three weeks after that to TCAP.  Three weeks (not even) after that to the end of the year.  That is crazy to me!  I’ll be a touch on the busy side for the next few weeks years.
     In other exciting news, Davis’s nursery is done!  As soon as I get some pictures, I’ll do a full reveal for you!  It is precious, y’all.  Perfect for a sweet baby boy.  I can’t wait to show it off, and I can’t wait to put him in it.

No comments