Apparently I’m Not In Charge…Third Trimester Faves

     Oh hey there end of May.  I realize it’s been basically a month since I blogged, but I’m going to claim the old faithful end of the school year excuse.  That’s right…school’s out.  I survived a year of teaching third grade…barely.  I’ve grown a whole baby, and now we wait.  I am so thankful to have been so healthy, but these last weeks are a test.  I still feel pretty good, except for feeling like I’ve been riding a horse for a month (attractive, I know), but my mind is so restless.  I like definite answers, and apparently, babies don’t give those.
     I’m thinking that instead of moping around and complaining, I’m going to scrub floors and clean things and possibly mix it up with a nap.  I had everything done so early that now that school’s out, I’m kind of just hanging out.  If you need your Tupperware cabinet sorted, please let me know!

Bump 1Bump 2Bump 3Bump 4Bump 5Bump 6
From top left, these range from 36 weeks +1 day to 38 weeks.  The pineapple neon is 37 weeks, and the yellow neon is 38 weeks.

     Part of me is going to miss my bump and not having to share Baby Davis, but a growing part of me is just so, so ready to have him here!  That being said, I’m going to go ahead and do a little bumpdate and share some third trimester faves.  Call it wishful thinking, but maybe it’ll encourage Davis to come on out!

How far along?  39 weeks today! 

How big is baby?  Gigantic. Humongous. According to the app, he’s about the size of a watermelon (coincidentally, I look like I’ve swallowed a watermelon…) which apparently means somewhere between 18.9 and 20.9 inches and 6.2 to 9.2 pounds.  Wow. 

Gender?  Boy!

Sleep?  My perfect sleep record finally played out a little, but it’s still not too bad!  I usually wake up about once a night, and I don’t stay asleep very late, but I’m assuming that it’s all just prep work for having a newborn.

Maternity clothes?  I’m still wearing my two pairs of maternity jeans, and I have four or so maternity shirts.  In the pictures above, only the denim shorts, gray t-shirt, and gray and pink striped shirt are maternity…everything else is just very stretchy.  FYI, the neon pineapple shirt and the neon yellow are both from Wal-Mart, and I love them!

Symptoms?  Does feeling like I’ve been riding a horse for a month count?  Mostly I’m just feeling bigger and slower than ever…

Movement?  Not so much big movement as little feet and elbows and knees and hands sticking out the sides.

Wedding rings on or off?  They’ve been off for a couple of weeks.  They still fit, but my hands are a little swollen, and I don’t want to tempt fate. 

Cravings or aversions?  Do you know I still can’t really think about frozen pizza?  I’m hoping this goes away after he gets here…other than that, I just want to eat everything in sight.

What I miss?  Not having to build up momentum to propel myself off the furniture would be great. 

Best moment?  We went to the doctor yesterday, and it finally looks like Baby Davis may be making at least a little progress!  I’m not getting my hopes up because I know it could stall like this for over a week, but at least it’s something! 

     I am so hoping that Davis show up soon, but I’m making sure to remind myself that “soon” is relative.  Even if he’s overdue (please, no!), that technically is soon…even though it doesn’t feel like it. 

For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.
Habakkuk 2:3

No comments