How to Stay Busy

     I almost don’t even want to type this…but I only have about a week and a half left of summer.  Now is the time I usually start to think about my classroom and what to do in those first few wild weeks of school, but all I want to do is hang out with Davis.  I enjoy teaching, I just enjoy my baby a lot more…obv.
     While he’s napping and I’ve got a few little minutes, I’ve been making a master list of all the things I need to do in my classroom.  Thankfully, I have much less to do this year than in the last two years.  For the first time ever, I’ll be returning to the same room I left.  That means there is waaaaay less to do in the way of moving every single thing I’ve ever collected ever.  Sometime this week or next, I think I’m going to go up to the room and get it all ready so that all I’m left thinking about is plans (which I hope to get ahead of this year).  Naturally I’ve been seeing a ton of gigantic, beautiful, and perfectly organized classrooms all over Pinterest.  Which leads me to this question – Where are all the classrooms with mismatched desks and stained carpet?!  I can’t squeeze out an ounce of inspiration when I’m so distracted by the fact that all of the furniture is fully functional.  Is that real life?!  Where are the rooms that look like this?

IMG_9618

     This was taken on my first day in this classroom (also, coincidentally, the day I found out I was pregnant).  It looked plenty different by the end of the year, and will be looking even better by the end of next week.  If you need me, I’ll be running through Walmart and Dollar Tree like a madwoman.

IMG_5829

     I had to interject that for no other reason than all. the. heart. eyes.  I’m not quite sure why my not even seven week old is a grown man, and I’m not sure I can handle it.  On the bright side, for the past few days he’s taken to taking really long morning naps (in his bed! unswaddled!).  I know I should do something productive with this time…but my brain enjoys the rest.

     Aaaaaand as if there isn’t enough on my plate what with having a baby, getting my classroom ready, helping my sister move back to town (eeeeeeeee!!!!!!!), Keith and I bought a house.  We clearly like to keep busy.  I don’t want to post any pictures until the keys are actually in my hand, so you’ll have to wait a few weeks.  Just know, that I’ve already got paint chips and big plans.  Clearly I’m a little manic because none of these things seem stressful yet.  Ask me how I am in about three weeks.

1 comment

Jessica said...

Your boy is so so so cute! And I'm super jealous of the whole unswaddled thing... it took my boy until he was seven months old to be able to sleep at all without a swaddle! Good luck prepping for the new school year!